Dedication

This website is devoutly dedicated to all of Larry's friends and associates, both early and late, who have influenced and mentored him. However, it also should be noted that, being who they are, a majority of them have been late most of the time.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Stamp of Approval




I appreciate the comments made by Dick & Jane in their www.LarryKump.us entry and ditto their endorsement encouraging all to get out and vote for Larry Kump.

I would like to add that as a seven year resident of the Panhandle, I first noted the name "Larry D. Kump" in letters to the editor in West Virginia's Martinsburg Journal, that I found on point and inspirational.

Then a few years ago, when I met Larry in person, I found an intelligent, insightful, and often humorous individual who does not hesitate to speak out about what is right, backing up what he says with facts.

And, then he goes beyond his words and follows up with his actions.

I am proud of him for being willing to accept this challenge and to be willing to serve the residents of the district and all of West Virginia.

Larry Stamps
(The above, in edited form, appears as a Letter to the Editor in the August 15, 2010 edition of the Herald-Mail, and the August 18, 2010 edition of the Martinsburg Journal.)

Footnote: Please help promote good governance by sending your personal contribution to "Friends of Larry D. Kump", c/o Treasurer Robert B. Griffith, P.O. Box 1322, Hedgesville, WV 25427.

1 comment:

  1. I have been asked by friends of Larry to enter some positive comments regarding Larry. I have resisted not because of any doubts about Larry but because I am not a West Virginian. I therefore believe that my opinions about someone else's choice for representative are invalid.

    Also I am very cynical of politics and politicos. Honestly in my opinion, be it red or blue politics is crap and all crap stinks. So at the risk of offending a person that I consider a good friend, I must question his sanity for desiring to enter this foray.

    With that being said I have known Larry for 16 years and from those years of working with, and sometimes even working against Larry, I can say for certainty that Larry would be one of the very few people that would represent his constituents with absolute integrity.

    I know that Larry believes in a minimal intrusion type of government and constantly seeks ways to use the remaining "necessary evil" that government is in a most efficient manner.

    Quite simply and for what it is worth, if I could vote for Larry I would.

    ReplyDelete

Below in the "Comment as:" box, select "Name/URL" if you don't already have a Blogger account. Your comment will be visible only after it is approved by the blog owner.