A friend shared the following five New Year's reflections with me:
1. You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
2. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.
3. I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find one.
4. You're never too old to do something stupid.
5. Doing the same thing for a long time doesn't make you any better at it than standing in a garage for a long time makes you a car.